As part of the ongoing HSC Beautification Project, traffic lanes on Alcazar Street at Soto Street will be modified from July 18 through Aug. 24 in the following ways:
- Traffic on Alcazar will be restricted to one way (westbound) between Playground and Soto streets.
- There will be no access to Soto from Alcazar.
- The Alcazar entrance and exit to the O’Neil parking lot will be closed to all vehicular traffic (pedestrians may still enter and exit onto Alcazar).
- The Norfolk Street and Soto intersection will remain open.
- Soto can be accessed via Norfolk and Valley Boulevard.
LADOT-approved traffic control measures will be in place throughout the project to assist vehicles and pedestrians approaching the area.
As a result of these changes, the USC Transportation Soto Bus Route will continue to be detoured. It will not service CSC for the duration of this phase of construction. Here is the sequence of stops for the new route:
- Soto I
- San Pablo Street (bus turnout just north of Hospital Drive)
- Eastlake Avenue and Biggy Street
- Soto II
- Soto I
For more information on USC buses, go to www.usc.edu/parking.
Questions or concerns may be directed to USC Capital Construction and Development at email@example.com.