Celebrations rang out in May across Keck Medical Center of USC in honor of nurses and staff members.
Among the celebrations during Nurses Week and Hospital Week was the annual nursing awards ceremony, held in Hoffman Café at Keck Hospital of USC.
“Our nurses are committed to excellence and providing our patients with care in a safe environment,” said Rod Hanners, COO, Keck Medicine of USC and CEO of Keck Medical Center of USC. “We are grateful for their talent, knowledge, compassion, professionalism and, above all else, dedication to our patients who entrust us with their care.”
National Nurses Week is celebrated annually by health care organizations across the U.S. to honor the work of nurses.
Winners of the Keck Medical Center of USC Annual Nursing Awards 2017 are:
- Nurse of the Year: Paul Kangethe
- Care Partner of the Year: Chikara Nitao
- Nurse Advocate of the Year: Christina Garcia
- Nurse Rookie of the Year: Ariel Padilla
- Nurse Preceptor of the Year: Rosie Santiago
- Advanced Practice Nurse of the Year: Kimberly Sanchez
- Nurse Leader of the Year: Melanie Cariker
- Nurse Humanitarian of the Year: Emily Rorden
Employees also celebrated Hospital Week, which is held each year to honor the work of staff members who support patient care and health care facilities. Events at Keck Medical Center included food trucks, ice cream socials and raffles with prize giveaways.
— Douglas Morino