Five finalists were also honored by the business journal:
- Keck Medical Center of USC for Top Hospital.
- Joi Torrence-Hill, MHA, for Hospital Executive of the Year. The chief of operations for USC Norris Cancer Hospital was also an invited speaker at the ceremony.
- Inderbir Gill, MD, founding executive director for USC Urology, for Outstanding Health Care Innovator.
- Keck Medicine’s Gender-Affirming Care Program for Educational/Institutional Program of the Year.
- Keck Medicine of USC and Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Cancer Program for Outstanding Collaboration.
This year’s Los Angeles Business Journal Health Care Leadership Symposium & Awards was held on Aug. 23 at the Biltmore Los Angeles. A diverse panel of elite health industry insiders preceded the awards to discuss providing care to underserved populations, the biggest challenges the health care system is facing and the overall impact of new protocols in Southern California.
— Kevin Joy