The Los Angeles Business Journal has published its special edition saluting the top women leaders in health care, and some of the highest-level leaders at Keck Medicine of USC are on the list.
Los Angeles Business Journal Publisher Josh Schimmels said in a letter:
“Health care professionals put themselves in harm’s way to help keep our communities safe, and the industry’s leaders have transformational decisions to make every day.
“The health care leaders listed in these pages were chosen by the Los Angeles Business Journal for exceptional stewardship and achievement across the full spectrum of responsibility, exemplary leadership as evidenced by the highest professional and ethical standards, and for contributions to the health and well-being of the Los Angeles community at large.”
Stephanie Hall, MD, chief medical officer of Keck Medical Center of USC and USC Norris Cancer Hospital and Caryn Lerman, PhD, director of the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center were among those honored.
Other leaders from the USC medical community include:
- Shawn Sheffield, MBA, MHSA, chief strategy officer for Keck Medicine
- Smitha Ravipudi, MPH, chief executive officer of USC Care Ambulatory Care Services
- Mary Virgallito, RN, associate administrator of quality and patient safety at USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
- Theresa Murphy, RN, MHSA, CENP, chief nursing officer of USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
- Lourdes Baezconde-Garbanati, PhD, professor of preventive medicine and associate director for community outreach and engagement
- Cynthia Herrington, MD, Ryan Winston Chair in Cardiac Transplant at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Mona Patel Gera, MD, director of Community Advocacy, director of Medical Informatics, director of Clinical Operations and medical director for Patient Centered Medical Home for Children with Special Health Care Needs at CHLA
- Laura Mosqueda, MD, dean of the Keck School of Medicine of USC